We find this article in the Huffington Post dated 29 December 2015 on the Health Benefits of tea a very informative and interesting read.
The following points are particularly interesting:
- There is evidence that drinking tea can help speed up your metabolism and may help you control your weight.
- Polyphenols in green tea have been shown to cause people to burn 65 to 200 extra calories a day, particularly from fat.
- A cup of plain tea has only 2 calories, but once you start adding sugar, honey, milk and other additives, the calories and sugar can add up fast.
- Tea is an excellent source of manganese, a mineral that helps break down fat and carbohydrates into energy and plays a role in keeping blood sugar stable. Controlling blood sugar is important not only for preventing and managing type 2 diabetes, but it can help prevent fat storage around your belly.
- Laboratory tests have shown EGCG to have more antioxidant power than vitamin E or vitamin C! EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) is one of the antioxidants in green tea. Black tea also has antioxidants called thearubigins and theaflavins that haven’t been studied as much.
- Studies in small groups of people suggest that antioxidants in tea can help prevent free radical damage that leads to ageing and chronic diseases such as cancer.
- People who drink tea tend to be at a lower risk of heart disease. Drinking one cup of black tea a day may help people with high blood pressure lower their blood pressure. The tea also helped keep blood pressure under control and improved blood flow in the arteries after a high fat meal.
All our teas have been carefully selected for their taste and we believe we will stock the perfect tea for your taste buds. Drinking a good quality cup of delicious tea may mean that you can cut out the sugar and milk to enable you to fully benefit from all the health benefits mentioned in this article.
By: Isabelle Rosevear
Phone: 07948 264819 Email: email@example.com