Our Christmas and New Year opening hours:
On Tuesday 24th December we will be open until 4pm.
We will be CLOSED from Christmas Day until January 6 for our annual holidays and stocktake.
Our Bruntsfield store will reopen on Monday January 6 at 10am.
The Clerk street and Broughton Street stores will reopen on Saturday January 11 at 11am.
We will continue to prepare online orders during this period but with longer lead times for delivery than usual.
Enjoy the authentic taste of ripe doughnut peaches with our Organic Mediterranean Fruits black tea blend or the taste of pear with our Organic Summer Orchard green tea blend or the taste of mango with our ever popular caffeine-free Tropical Dream rooibos blend.
Lazy Summer Afternoon brings the smooth taste of rhubarb and cream while Island Breeze is an incredibly fruity green and black tea blend.
Health benefits of turmeric
Turmeric Orchard tastes great. It is sunshine in a cup. It has the fruity, sweet taste of apple, mango and orange. This intense fruitiness balances the earthiness of the turmeric, ginger and peppercorn.
It not only tastes great, but research also links Turmeric to some significant health claims that are detailed in our new blog post. These include:
1) Turmeric is naturally anti-inflammatory. This is said to help in the fight against Alzheimer’s.
2) It is packed with antioxidants which could reduce cancer growth, development and spread at the molecular level.
3) The active ingredient in Turmeric helps fight brain diseases with research showing that it may be effective at delaying or even reversing many brain diseases and memory loss.
4) It can improve the symptoms of arthritis.
5) It has been shown to be as effective as the leading pharmaceutical drug in fighting depression.
6) Lastly, research is ongoing into the possibility that it can help slow down the ageing process .
We choose all our teas on taste but isn’t it great when they are also associated with such powerful health benefits?
For further information, see our blog: